Our Dental Services
According to National Oral Health Programme, 95% of Indian population suffers from gum disease and less than 2% visit the dentist. Oral health requires specialized treatment which is covered under the branch of medicine – Dentistry. Dental services involve not only the treatment of diseases of the gums and teeth but also the jaws, nerves of the head and neck and salivary glands. Many dentists in Mumbai provide these services.
Some of the most important dental services are:
A dental implant is creating artificial tooth in place of a missing tooth.
- A metal post is screwed into the jaw which acts as root for the artificial cap above
- Can be done for a single tooth or multiple teeth depending on individual case
Many people are going for dental implants in Mumbai
The treatment relates to a person’s jaw, neck head, face, hard and soft tissue inside the mouth that is defective from birth or may be damaged due to disease like cancer is called Maxillofacial prostheses. It involves services like
- Jaw straightening or reconstruction
- Teeth extraction
- Dental implants and associated bone grafting
- Surgery of salivary glands
Some of the best dentist in Mumbai and dental clinic in Mumbai offer services for maxillofacial prostheses.
Dental crowns and tooth bridges:
These are prosthetic that are permanently fixed to teeth or other implants with cement by a dentist.
- Crowns complete cap over broken teeth or an implant
- Bridges are used to fill up gaps between teeth
- Important for avoiding shifting of teeth
Many dentists in Mulund offer services for dental crown and bridges
Root canal treatment:RCT is treatment infected or damaged tooth caused due to deep cavity or trauma. The steps involved are:
- Removing the infected parts (pulp of tooth)
- Cleaning the tooth
- Disinfecting it, and then filling it with dental cement
- Finally sealing it with a cap
It avoids removal of the complete tooth. Root canal treatment is much less painful today than it was years ago.
Most dental clinics in Mumbai offer this service. In fact, there are many dentists in Mulund who can perform this procedure efficiently.
Dentures are full or partial replacements for missing teeth which can be taken out and put back in by patient. Dentures can be of two types:
- Full denture: when only a few teeth are remaining and it is better to remove all instead of reconstructing many.
- Partial denture: replacement for few teeth or teeth of one of the jaws.
Dentures also need regular care and maintenance and daily cleaning like real/natural teeth. Most dental clinics in Mulund West offer excellent services for denture treatment.
Cosmetic dentistry /smile makeover:
It involves any dental procedure done with the primary focus on the aesthetic appearance of person’s teeth, gums and smile. These can include:
- Veneers – thin layers of composite resin or porcelain that fit over individual’s teeth
- Teeth whitening – done using bleaching agents and laser to whiten the tooth color
- Teeth reshaping – chipping off parts of enamel to correct minor shape deformities
- Bonding – applying enamel like composite resin to teeth and then chipping and polishing it to give desired shape & colour
The best dentists in Mumbai offer cosmetic dentistry procedures for smile make-over.
Full mouth rehabilitation:
Also called full mouth reconstruction, it involves multiple procedures to treat teeth that have been lost due to decay, trauma, gum disease or related problems in jaw muscle. It can include
- Periodontal procedures for treating gum problems
- Dental implants
- Restorations like crowns, bridges, veneers
- Bone/tissue grafting to repair jaw defect
Orthodontic teeth alignment:Also called as braces or brackets, these dental appliances help realign one’s teeth by applying minuscule but continuous pressure to bring teeth in correct position. Different types of available braces are:
- Traditional braces – these use brackets that are tightened using wire or rubber bands.
- Invisalign – these are plastic aligners that are less visible and can be removed during eating or cleaning.
Periodontal plastic surgery:This is used to treat disfigurations of gum and ligament caused due to abnormality or gum disease. The steps involved are:
- Removing the damaged part of gum tissue
- Reconstruction of new parts
- Bone and tissue graft if required
Dental accident and emergency services:Any person who has had an accident may need emergency relief from sufferings like
- Severe pain,
- Bleeding and swelling of the mouth
- Serious injury to teeth, gums or oral cavity
Paediatric dentistry:It involves the prevention and treatment of tooth and gum problems in children from birth up to teenage. Some of the salient aspects of Paediatric dentistry are:
- Right education and inculcating good habits
- Dental procedures specifically as per small and growing teeth
- Special efforts to make the young patients comfortable
- Pleasant environment
Many best dental clinics in Mumbai have dedicated paediatric ward and some of the best dentists in Mulund specialize in paediatric dentistry.